Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sure you could eat the paint...

Yes. My kids like knowing they have the option of eating the paint should the desire to do so arise.


A week or so ago...you can figure it out. I hadn't figured out how to turn the date off on my son's camera, yet (my camera is being a beast.)....anyways, I made some Salt Paint for the kids while searching for something fun to do with the kids left at home.  My husband made a trip with our oldest son over to Tropic to help his father haul and bail (bale?) hay on the farm.  So, we needed to do something fun. 





Salt paint....yay!

1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup warm water
3 or 4 drops food coloring

Mix up with paint brushes in small containers or paper cups. I posted about this on the Cheap Cheap Chickadee blog, but I thought I'd share here, too.

This wee girl was not happy one bit until she was part of the action. 




















And, yep, she did indeed try eating the paint. 





















Mmmmm, salty.  I don't think she cared for it much.  But, of course, this did not stop her from trying to eat more of it.  Maybe I should make a yummy paint sometime, eh?  Like, pudding paint? Mmmmm, that could be good.

Well, the fun did not stop with the painting.  Oh, no.  We also made homemade pop-tarts. 



And a pop-tart is not a pop-tart unless there are copious amounts of sprinkles, right?

You can find multiple recipes for these on-line.  We used this one.  It was pretty good.  I like the idea of mixing the cornstarch into the jam to make it less runny.  That worked really well.

And there you have it. A sweet & salty day with us.

all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {9/27}




2 comments:

  1. This is a fun idea! It's always nice to know you have the option of eating something. I'm with your daughter though, I don't know if salty paint would be too yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun is this!!?? perfect as my son loves painting and I am always telling him to not lick his messy fingers...will def try this!

    Found your blog from tipjunkie blog hop.

    Ellen
    shimmerandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete